Monday, February 27, 2012

Not too much to say about movies with my mom

So my mom came to visit for a week and we watched a few things together... one that M had already seen and one that he wouldn't have had much interest in.

Definitely Maybe
This was actually pretty cute. I liked Isla Fisher as April, and was pleasantly surprised to find Kevin Kline in the movie; he's one of my favorites. It was clever at times; I loved the little girl played by Abigail Breslin. I give this 1.5 thumbs up.

Limitless
This was more interesting, but my mom found the exciting violence towards the end a little too shocking. I really liked the ending though; very nice for the good guy to escape the clutches of the bad guy. I would definitely recommend this. Two thumbs up.

A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
I immediately started reading this again as soon as I finished it, that's how much I liked it, how rushed I felt to get through it the first time, and how much I wanted to savor it the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment