Monday, June 11, 2012

Keeping Pace

So it is June 11. I have read 26 books so far, and watched 26 movies. I have been working (until this week), while doing so. I'm getting married in 3 weeks, then going to Malawi with a bunch of high school students for another 2 weeks instead of a honeymoon (for now), so I'm glad that I've been keeping pace even if I am probably about to fall behind. But since I've also been fired, I will have plenty of time in the late summer and all next fall to catch up. Bright side... go for 75 of each?

Anyways, I want to give a shout-out to my fellow readers who have been good about writing reviews. Several of the books on my list have come from them (especially jonyangorg) and when I get a little more disciplined this summer I hope that I can major in recommendations. Or minor, or whatever. This has certainly been a more haphazard process than I'd expected it to be, but that's been fun.


Keep reading peeps.

1 comment:

  1. Well! I've enjoyed reading your posts.

    I've also enjoyed reading this year, although I never signed up for this and would never make the movie total. I've read 29 new books and, in all, 34 (including re-reads, which don't count for these purposes). Of course, it doesn't hurt that 13 of them are Dresden Files books, which are easy to read in succession. You should try them...and you should read at least three. Don't decide based just on the first book. I'll ask you again about them...

    Happy reading, friend, traveler, and now wife-of-M!

    ReplyDelete